- Mon: Due: Blood types article questions due, lab notebook due, linked genes walkthrough. Class: Review linked genes, Notes on sex-linked inheritance, x-inactivation, and chromosomal inheritance. Homework: Read rest of info about diseases (in notes), “More genetics” worksheet (Graded for accuracy! Make sure to see me if you have questions).
- Tues: (no juniors) Sickle Cell Anemia activity/packet. Mitochondria article.
- Wed: (no juniors): Evolution of genomes—get the notes yourself from the PowerPoint and be sure to ask if you have questions! Work time/study time/post on blog.
- Thurs: “More genetics” due. Sickle Cell Anemia packet due and mitochondria article due (discuss some parts). Evolution of genomes notes due. Blog post due by 11:59pm. Study time.
- Fri: Test. Intro to evolution assignment- TBA. Remember to comment on the blog by tomorrow at 11:59 and have the rest of your conversations by Sun at 11:59pm.
- Monday:Due: Video 1 (Intro to Endo) and 1.5 (Crash Course). In class: Discuss the videos you watched on Friday. Time to watch Video 2: Hypothalamus & Pituitary.Homework: Watch Video 2 if not done in class.
- Tuesday (no juniors). Due: Video 2 (Hypothalamus/pituitary) due
- In class: Discuss hypothalamus and pituitary. Work on worksheet #1 (due W if not done).HW: Wkst 1 if not done. Watch Video 3.
- Wednesday (no juniors). Due: Wkst 1 and video 3 (Thymus/Pineal/Thyroid/Parathyroid) due. In class: Discuss thymus, pineal, thyroid, and parathyroids notes. Work on worksheet #3 (due Th if not done). Complete “Exit Ticket” if you are in class today. If not, you will do it tomorrow.Homework: Wkst if not done. Watch Video 4.
- Thursday: Due: Wkst 3 and Video 4 (adrenals and pancreas). In class: PSR QUIZ. Review information from the past couple days; play a Kahoot. “Exit Ticket” for people who were absent yesterday. Start Web/Lab I (due M; work time tmrw too).HW: None
- Friday: Due: None. In class: Lab/web work time (due Mon). Watch Video 4 (adrenals, pancreas) for Monday. Homework: Lab/web due Mon. Video 4 due Mon.
Video 5 will be due next Wednesday.
Your test will be NEXT Friday. It will be open note, so make sure you have good notes!
- Mon: New trimester! Go over syllabus, sign up for Remind, and brainstorm what STEM means. HW: have a composition notebook by tomorrow. Syllabus signed by Friday.
- Tues: Comp notebook due. Work on covers (if not done, due tmrw). HW: number ALL pages!!!
- Wed: Numbering & covers due. Peer grade numbering. Tape in intro pages; discuss the notebook concept. Start to go over CER's.
- Thurs: Continue CER discussion; start Mystery Cube activity. Start questions in class; any of the remaining questions are due tmrw.
- Fri: Questions due. Slip or Trip CER. HW: Complete Slip or Trip organizer.
BIO (Mrs. Winger)
- Monday - LO8 & WSQ due, Interpretations wkst *must get 100%* first submittal due at end of class, watch LO9
- Tuesday - LO9 & WSQ due, warm up activity, LO9 Wordsplash wkst-can do with a partner & will need to conference with Mrs. W before end of Thursday, resubmit Interpretation wkst
- Wednesday - Work day - Last day for resubmitting Interpretations wkst, conference with Mrs. W on Wordsplash, watch LO10
- Thursday - LO10 & WSQ due, look at world-o-meters, World Population web quest - due Friday, last day to conference on Wordsplash, -Extra credit World Population data sheet
- Friday - World Population web quest due, Eco-choices activity, watch LO11 for Monday